Flirting can also be a problem. Ask yourself if any of these five signs are true. They're all red flags that you should cut down on your flirting:
1. You're leading on guys you don't even like. If you're flirting 'cause you need the attention - and not 'cause you actually like the guys you're chatting up - then you're doing it for the wrong reason.
2. You flirt with other girls' boyfriends. All flirters need to recognize who's off-limits. Even if you like a guy, it's totally against girl-code to act all cutesy around him if he's got a girlfriend.
3. You lie when you flirt. Pretending to be someone you're not will only make you feel bad about the person you really are.
4. Guys you date are afraid you'll cheat on them. When you're in a relationship, you can pal around with other guys - but the fun ends when the people you care about lose trust in you.
5. Your friends tease you about how much you flirt. Yeah, it's kinda fun to laugh along with them. Deep down, though, there's some truth to all their jokes.
Bottom line: flirting is fun - but if you flirt so much that you're doing damage to your relationships - and your reputation - then you've got a problem.